bg

The Southington Train Depot

The Southington Train Depot, built in 1890, is located at 447 Canal Street adjacent to the Rails to Trails. The depot has been renovated and will be open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays beginning Saturday, May 28, 2016 through Sunday, September 11, 2016 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The public is invited to visit the passive historical display available for viewing at the depot.


The town thanks the many people and groups who have contributed to making this historical treasure become a reality:

  • The Kiwanis Club
  • Mark Adams – painting
  • The Southington Historical Society
  • Robert Cusano
  • Philip Wooding
  • Southington Parks Department
  • Southington Police Department
  • Open Space Committee
  • Sign Pro
  • Eagle Scout Dan Wardwell