Welcome to the Finance Department
Emilia Portelinha, Director of Finance
Christina Sivigny-Smith, Assistant Director of Finance
Joyce Williams, Treasurer/Accountant
Ann Anop, Accountant
Jackie Santos-Villegas, Junior Accountant
Susan Mesinger, Payroll Coordinator
Rebecca Buonocore, Accounting Assistant
Our office is responsible for the accounting, budgeting, fiscal planning, and reporting of the Town’s financial activities, as detailed below:
Accounting of Financial Transactions
Reporting of Financial Position
- Receiving, recording and reconciling Town revenues
- Processing and posting purchase orders, and payments to vendors
- Preparing Town payroll and maintaining benefit records
- Investing Town funds
*The Finance Department has been awarded the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Financial Reporting for the past 26 years for preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (audit).
- Periodic reporting of the Town's financial position to the Town Manager, Town Council, Board of Finance, Town departments, etc.
- Assembling financial statements and related schedules for annual audit
- Compiling of information for issuance of long-term debt
- Analyzing financial data for special projects as necessary
Monitoring of Financial Operations
Planning for the Future
- Reviewing the budget during the fiscal year to ensure adequate funding
- Overseeing the Town annual audit
- Ensuring compliance with various Federal and State laws and the Town charter with regards to fiscal matters
- Preparing of Town's annual budget
- Plan funding of capital expenditures through issuance of bonds, notes, etc.
The Town is now using OpenGov reporting to share financial information, allowing easy access to budget-to-actual comparisons, charts, and historical data. To view, please select OpenGov under Additional Links.
Click here to view Financial Update presentation to the Town Council January 8, 2018