For official, up-to-the-minute Passport information, forms, news, questions & answers, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
The information presented on this website is meant for use as a quick reference guide. All links below will connect you to specific pages/forms on the Department of State's website.
As of Monday, May 13, 2013 passport applications will be accepted in the Tax Office at the Town Hall, 75 Main Street, Southington. The Tax Office is located on the first floor in the front of the building.
|Passport Application Acceptance Hours
||9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
No appointments are necessary. Please allow at least 20 minutes to complete the acceptance process (actual time will depend on the number of applications you are submitting).
Locally, the Plantsville Post Office is also able to accept passport applications. Click here for the Post Office's address, phone number & application acceptance hours.
U.S. Passport Fees (First-Time Applicants)
The fees listed below apply to adults and minors applying for a U.S. Passport Book for the first time. The "Passport Fee" and "Execution Fee" must be paid separately. Click here for further information regarding passport-related fees.
Passport Book vs. Passport Card - What's The Difference?
|Adults (ages 16 and over)
|Minors (under age 16)
- Acceptable Forms of Payment: Check; Money Order
*Credit/Debit Cards are NOT accepted at the Town Hall/Municipal Center Passport Acceptance Facility*
- The Passport Fee payment should be made payable to "Department of State."
- The Execution Fee payment should be made payable to "Town of Southington."
- The fee to expedite the passport issuance process (if you will be traveling in 3-6 weeks) is $60 per application. This fee should be included with your Passport Fee payment.
What do I need to bring with me when I apply?
- Application Form - You may fill in all pertinent information ahead of time, but must not sign the application.
- One 2" x 2" Photo - Photo Requirements
- Identification - Acceptable Forms of ID
- Photocopy of Identification (Front AND Back)
- Evidence of US Citizenship - Acceptable Citizenship Documents
*As of April 1, 2011, all birth certificates submitted as evidence of US Citizenship must include the full names of the applicant's parent(s), regardless of the applicant's age. Short form (wallet size) birth certificates are no longer acceptable.*
- Payment - TWO Separate Checks or Money Orders
All applicants must appear in person, regardless of age. Minors (under the age of 16) must appear along with BOTH parents/legal guardians (both adults must have ID with them).Additional documentation will be necessary if one parent/guardian is deceased or is otherwise unable to appear at the time of application.
Please call the Tax Office at 860-276-6259.